As the Year of the Golden Rooster approaches, Shanghai Disney Resort is bringing out all the stops to make its first-ever Lunar Chinese New Year an unforgettable, magical celebration. In honor of the holiday, the resort is presenting a spectacular series of entertainment programs, seasonal food and beverage offerings, lucky bags and holiday-themed shopping experiences fit for all guests. Families and friends from across China will gather together at the resort to share their magical wishes, and enjoy the extraordinarily unique Chinese New Year celebration sprinkled with the kind of magic only Disney can offer.
“Chinese New Year is one of the most important traditional festivals for the people of China and we are thrilled to celebrate the resort’s first Lunar New Year with our guests and cast members”, said Philippe Gas, general manager of Shanghai Disney Resort. “Holidays at Shanghai Disney Resort will create unforgettable memories for our guests through a variety of magical decorations, festive live entertainment, holiday-themed merchandise and food and beverage offerings. We look forward to guests from home and abroad starting their tradition of visiting Shanghai Disney Resort year after year during the holidays and creating memories together that last a lifetime”.
Throughout the Spring Festival season, the highlight in Shanghai Disneyland will be the nightly program, “Ignite the Dream: A Nighttime Spectacular of Magic and Light” followed by a special event featuring new year wishes from Guests. In what has become the most popular show in Shanghai Disneyland, the Nighttime Spectacular show features kaleidoscopic fireworks bursting over breathtaking projections on the castle, dancing laser lights, and stunning fountain shows – a truly enchanting way for guests to bid farewell to previous year and welcome in the Year of the Rooster. To the tune of a charming symphony composition by famous Chinese musician Tan Dun, a series of inspirational best wishes and quotes will be projected onto Mickey-shaped lanterns on the towering Enchanted Storybook Castle. This interactive program is a first-of-its-kind across Disney parks and resorts around the world, wishing guests a wonderful New Year in the most special of ways.
Shanghai Disney Resort has also provided a series of additional New Year activities, including a drum ceremony in the Gardens of Imagination each day at park opening. Marching to the beat of the drums and interacting with Guests, Mickey and Minnie will be dressed in brand-new, beautiful Chinese traditional attire. The gardens will also host an exciting dragon dance performance which guests are encouraged to join. Beautiful symbolic Golden Rooster design features will be seen all around the resort during the festival period, immersing guests in the holiday spirit. A gleaming new “Golden Rooster” icon in the Gardens of Imagination has been designed to welcome visitors and conjure happy and prosperous thoughts. In the Chinese zodiac-inspired Garden of the Twelve Friends, the Year of the Rooster is represented by a heart-warming Alan-a-Dale mosaic, which is beautifully adorned in sleek, new red couplets for another fortuitous photo opportunity. Throughout each of the six themed lands there are uniquely designed photo locations, providing endless snapshot opportunities for guests. The fairytale holiday atmosphere proliferates from the theme park throughout the whole resort, reaching Disneytown and the two world-class hotels, Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel.
Additionally, Shanghai Disney Resort has developed exquisite Chinese New Year menus, offering various options for every taste. Lumiere’s Kitchen in Shanghai Disneyland Hotel will serve up a Lunar Buffet Dinner during the Chinese New Year festival. Guests will be able to enjoy Chinese cuisine in the Wandering Moon Teahouse, or they can choose to indulge in delicious international cuisine at Aurora in Shanghai Disneyland Hotel for a different dining experience.
Moreover, Shanghai Disney Resort has developed a new E-gift Ticket – a special electronic, red envelope-enclosed ticket for Chinese New Year. Now available for purchase on the resort’s official WeChat account, the E-gift Tickets can easily be sent to others as presents. For those who want to share the magic of Disney this New Year season, this creative gift is a sure choice to please all family and friends.
During this most perfect time of year to send gifts to loved ones, Shanghai Disney Resort has prepared fun merchandise offerings for guests, including the first-ever New Year Lucky Bag. The Lucky Bags include this season’s most exciting assortments of Disney merchandise and are a tremendous value to kick off this celebratory season. Guests purchasing the Lucky Bag will have a chance to win surprise grand prizes including China Eastern Airlines flight tickets, Disney PhotoPass+, Shanghai Disney Resort Magic Passports, and much more. The resort has also launched a brand new Golden Rooster-themed merchandise line, with more than 50 new limited-time items. New merchandise includes themed pins, headwear and stationery, exclusive New Year-edition outfits for the whole family, plush toys of Mickey and Minnie donned in their decorative Chinese traditional attire, red envelopes, pastry boxes, and other fun items. Meanwhile, Disney PhotoPass will launch 4 Chinese New Year themed photo frames.
Magical hints of the Shanghai Disney Resort Lunar New Year celebration will first appear in the metro line leading to the resort. During the festival period, some lucky Line 11 riders will enjoy their metro journey amidst festive red decorations with elements of Mickey and pals and their best wishes for the New Year.
The Lunar New Year Collection
The abundant collection of festive merchandise is available in stores, and includes a variety of limited-edition items created for the Year of Rooster. The line is complete with holiday-themed toys, Mickey and Minnie Mouse plush toys and key chains, red envelopes, door stamps, fruit trays, Disney pins, packaged snacks, apparel and accessories, stationery, home décor, souvenirs, headwear and more to be discovered.
- Shanghai Disney Resort Lunar New Year Lucky Bags: Available today through February 12, 2017 for just RMB 380. Each Lucky Bag will be pre-filled with a varied assortment of special items valued at no less than RMB 880. Bags will include a range of merchandise such as delicate Disney accessories, home decor, plush toys, watches, stationery and more. Goodie bags will be available at Avenue M Arcade, Doubloon Market, Mickey & Minnie’s Mercantile, Intergalactic Imports and World of Disney Store.
- Grand Opening Collection: Beginning today through February 25, 2017, buy any two items from the Grand Opening Collection and receive a 40 percent off discount (limited merchandise excluded).
- Holiday Promotions: Beginning today through February 25, 2017, any guest who makes a single-transaction purchase above RMB 380 at any of the stores at Shanghai Disney Resort will be eligible to receive a Disney Pouch Set for only RMB 70.
- Early Bird Promotion: Guests will enjoy a 10 percent off discount when making a purchase before noon at the Avenue M Arcade (limited items excluded).
The Lunar New Year Dining
- A selection of restaurants at Shanghai Disney Resort will present special Lunar New Year menus.
- Lumiere’s Kitchen at Shanghai Disneyland Hotel will present the Lunar Buffet Dinner on January 27, 28 and 29, 2017.
- Price: RMB 480 for adults, RMB 328 for children. All prices in RMB are subject to a 15 percent service charge.
- For questions or reservations, call: 400-180-0000
- Lumiere’s Kitchen at Shanghai Disneyland Hotel will offer Weekend Brunch.
- Time：Every Saturday, Sunday, 11:30a.m. To 2:00p.m
- RMB 348* per person including free flow soft drinks; RMB 508* per person including free flow of beer, imported red and white wines, Champagne
- RMB 238* Per Kids (Kids price for Aged 3-10, free for kids under 3)
*The prices above are subject to 15% service charge
- 1 Kid Free for 2 Adults paying (kids aged 3-10). Offer available on all January dates: 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 28th, 29th.