From February 28 through May 28 2018, Epcot will host the 25th International Flower & Garden Festival. What began in 1994 as a 38-day celebration of Disney-style gardens and topiaries has grown over the years to a 90-day spring extravaganza with something for every generation.
35th Anniversary of Epcot
The 2018 festival, which takes place during the 35th anniversary of Epcot, will showcase millions of brilliant blossoms, flavor-rich cuisine from 15 Outdoor Kitchens, Disney topiary stars, interactive play gardens and live chart-topping musical acts during the Garden Rocks Concert Series.
The 90-day festival will open with an irresistible array of sights, sounds, tastes, aromas and tactile discoveries:
- New and creative dishes will debut at 15 Outdoor Kitchens encircling the World Showcase Promenade. Guests can sip and savor their way around Epcot, enjoying chef-inspired noshes and refreshing libations.
- A bonanza of Disney character topiaries, including classic-character favorites Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and many others, will play a starring festival role. Returning this year, Belle will be featured in France along with Beast, Snow White in Germany with the Seven Dwarfs, and Anna and Elsa in Norway.
- A brand-new Future World interactive play garden and a revved-up Road to Florida 500 garden featuring new games and play challenges will set the pace for family festival fun. The new interactive area in Future World will feature a play maze, a sensory garden, an activity zone and a covered seating area. The redesigned “Cars”-themed garden based on the Disney•Pixar sequel, “Cars 3,” will add more fun activities like highway bingo for families.
- A brand-new Epcot front-entrance topiary garden will set the milestone anniversary scene with a kaleidoscope of blooming color where topiary icons Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy will greet festival guests.
- The popular Garden Rocks Concert Series will feature hit makers of the 1960s, ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s on the America Gardens Theatre stage. Three evening concerts each Friday through Monday present musicians that span multiple genres.
- Garden Rocks Dining Packages will be available on select days at a number of Epcot restaurants.
Each Outdoor Kitchen will feature its own raised-bed or in-ground garden of herbs and produce that can inspire the growing numbers of guests who want to learn to grow what they eat.
“The culture of growing your own food continues to trend, and our guests each year have quite a few questions related to edible gardens,” says Eric Darden, festival horticulture manager. “They get a big kick comparing items in our gardens with the herbs and produce our chefs incorporate into the festival’s Outdoor Kitchen recipes.”
Performances – Garden Rocks Concert Series
During the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2018 guests can also see several performances from the Garden Rocks Concert Series. See the full list of the 2018 acts below. All performances can be found at at America Gardens Theatre.Showtimes for the Garden Rocks Concert Series take place Friday through Monday at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM.
- Night Ranger – March 2 to 5
- STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas – March 9 to 12
- Simple Plan – March 16 to 19
- Little River Band – March 23 to 26
- The Orchestra starring former members of ELO – March 30 to April 2
- Foghat – April 6 & 7
- Survivor – April 8 & 9
- Smash Mouth – April 13 & 14
- Rick Springfield – April 15 & 16
- Jo Dee Messina – April 20 & 21
- Lonestar – April 22 & 23
- Blood, Sweat and Tears featuring Bo Bice – April 27 to 30
- Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone – May 4 to 7
- Village People – May 11 & 12
- Don Felder, formerly of The Eagles – May 13 & 14
- The Guess Who – May 18 to 21
- The Spinners – May 25 to 28
More to experience
And there’s more:
- The back-by-demand Figment topiary garden between Future World and World Showcase will offer the perfect selfie backdrop and family photo opportunity.
- The Royal Tea Garden Tour will return for a second year each festival morning at the United Kingdom pavilion. For a small fee, guests can follow a knowledgeable guide through the tranquil tea garden setting to learn the history and artistry behind growing and blending tea. A post-tour treat of tea and scones is included. The shorter, complimentary English Tea Garden Tour also will be offered on select days.
- Among the nearly 100 festival topiaries will be returning favorites like the pandas and Bromeliad dragon at the China pavilion, The Three Caballeros at the Mexico pavilion, Disney-Pixar’s Woody at the American Adventure pavilion and Buzz Lightyear in Future World.
Dozens of Disney-crafted “flower towers” and beds of multi-colored blooms will transform the park’s landscape. At least 70,000 bedding plants will surround the Future World east and west lakes alone; on the water, 220 mini-gardens will be set afloat.