In-Person runDisney races to return to Walt Disney World Resort in Fall 2021Published: June 30, 2021 / Last Updated: June 30, 2021 / By: Arvid Bux
It is official, in-person runDisney races will return to walt Disney World Resort in the fall 2021. Yes, you read that correctly, this fall races will return to Disney World. The following races are planned for now:
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend powered by AfterShokz: November 4-7, 2021
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend: January 5-9, 2022
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend: February 24-27, 2022
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend presented by Otterbox: March 31-April 3, 2022
runDisney Races Walt Disney World
Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend
The Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend will take place on November 4-7, 2021.
This year, some of your favorite villains are back for another wickedly delicious good time during the 2021 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend powered by AfterShokz! Only this time, you’ll experience the ghoulish fun at Walt Disney World Resort — right at the start of The World’s Most Magical Celebration! This year’s menu will satisfy your cravings, whether it’s your first or 50th race. For those hungry for a little extra kick, there’s our Two Course Challenge that’s guaranteed to keep you running. Plus, you can keep things cookin’ at an after-hours Post-Race Party for runners and registered Guests!
The following races can be completed during the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend:
- 5K – November 5, 2021 – $95
- 10K – November 6, 2021 – $135
- Half Marathon – November 7, 2021 – $215
- Two-Course Challenge – November 6 – 7, 2021 – $360
Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
The Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend will take place on January 5-9, 2022
Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort in style with Mickey and friends! Delight in an extraordinary race weekend—put your endurance through the paces, enjoy amazing entertainment and earn commemorative medals. Dare to test your limits? Try a multi-race challenge for the chance to earn even more medals. No matter your skill level, you’ll be a part of a community of fun-spirited runners—uniquely Disney!
The following races can be completed during the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend:
- 5K – January 6, 2022 – $95
- 10K – January 7, 2022 – $135
- Half Marathon – January 8, 2022 – $195
- Marathon – January 9, 2022 – $195
- Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge – January 8 – 9, 2022 – $390
- Dopey Challenge – January 6 – 9, 2022 – $600
Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend
The Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend will take place on February 24 – 27, 2022.
This year racing is even more incredible for princesses and princes everywhere. Taking place during the magic of the Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary celebration, the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend features events for all skill levels, coveted regal medals and Disney entertainment. Be inspired by some of your favorite Disney heroes to new heights of courage and kindness that propel you triumphantly to the finish line that ends with happily ever after!
The following races can be completed during the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend:
- Princess 5K – February 5, 2022 – $95
- Princess Enchanted 10K – February 26, 2022 – $135
- Princess Half Marathon – February 27, 2022 – $210
- Disney Fairy Tale Challenge – February 26 – 27 , 2022 – $355
runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend
The runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend will take place on March 31 – April 3, 2022.
If you’ve been looking for a new and exciting running event, the runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend at Walt Disney World Resort is for you—because it’s a completely different experience every year! You never know what to expect, except that it’s going to be fun and distinctively runDisney. Best of all, it doesn’t matter if you just laced up your first pair of running shoes or you’re a runDisney veteran who’s been around the block—literally—a few hundred times. The runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend is as much about the smiles as it is about the miles. But one thing’s for sure, you won’t want to miss this year’s event, because—surprise!—it’s going to be a whole new theme next year.
More information on the runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend will be announced later.
More runDisney Offerings
For the coming runDisney season, there will be more offerings:
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend: Each race season, the fourth weekend will be the runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend, featuring new and evolving race themes and distances each year.
- Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga: On the first morning of the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney will introduce Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga, a professionally led yoga session in front of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park before the theme park opens to help runners gear up for their races.
- Virtual Races: All runDisney races will have a virtual race option, allowing runDisney fans across the country to participate in their favorite races, even if they are unable to run at Walt Disney World. Runners are encouraged to complete their race on the same morning of the on-site events as part of the runDisney community and will receive the same finisher medal.
- Just for Kids: The runDisney Kids Races during each event weekend will become runDisney Kids Adventures, focused on health, fitness, and fun for kids.
Not every element of a runDisney race weekend will return as of yet as COVID-19 guidelines may change before the return to in-person running. Please visit the runDisney Return to In-Person Running page for the latest information.