Fun Facts about Disneyland ResortPublished: July 31, 2021 / Last Updated: August 1, 2021 / By: Arvid Bux
Now that Disneyland Resort celebrated its 66th Anniversary, it is time for some fun facts on this magical place;
- Opening day attractions which are still enjoyed today are the Jungle Cruise, Autopia, Disneyland Railroad, King Arthur Carrousel, Mad Tea Party, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, Peter Pan’s Flight, Casey Jr. Circus Train, Main Street Cinema, Penny Arcade, Mark Twain Riverboat, Storybook Land Canal Boats and Snow White’s Enchanted Wish.
- The Disneyland Hotel is also celebrating its 66th anniversary, opening October 5, 1955, as the first hotel to bear the Disney name officially. Since then, the Disneyland Resort has expanded to include Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
- Mickey and friends’ “ears” are the most popular Disneyland Resort souvenirs of all time, with more than 90 million “ears” sold since 1955.
- More than 3,000 species of plants native to more than 40 different countries from around the world are grown at the Disneyland Resort.
- At WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, the new attraction in Avengers Campus, Super Hero guests of all heights can team up with Spidey to help capture the out-of-control Spider-Bots and experience what it’s like to have superpowers, a feat accomplished with innovative technology created specifically for this attraction
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opened at Disneyland on May 31, 2019, as the largest single-themed land expansion ever at a Disney theme park
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which opened in early 2020 at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, is one of the most ambitious, advanced, and immersive experiences ever undertaken by Walt Disney Imagineering. The innovative attraction takes guests aboard a full-size transport shuttle before they are captured by a Star Destroyer and find themselves in the middle of a climactic battle between the dark side of the First Order. The harrowing adventure blurs the lines between fantasy and reality on a scale never seen before in a Disney attraction.
- In Disney California Adventure, the Cars Land rockwork spans nearly 300,000 square feet, making it the largest rockwork construction in a domestic Disney theme.
- The Downtown Disney District is a 20-acre, 300,000 square-foot avenue featuring approximately 35 distinct venues, including Marceline’s Confectionery, an old-fashioned candy shop where guests can watch nostalgic sweets and novel treats being made by hand. The shop is named for Marceline, Missouri, where Walt Disney lived as a boy.
- Cast members work in many fascinating jobs at the Disneyland Resort, including candy makers, scuba divers who maintain the water-related attractions, and resort enhancement specialists who work year-round to prepare for the seasonal transformations for Halloween and Holidays.
- Approximately 32 different languages are spoken among Disneyland Resort cast members.