First Look: 2021 Haunted Mansion Holiday Gingerbread House at Disneyland ParkPublished: July 12, 2021 / Last Updated: July 12, 2021 / By: Arvid Bux
Haunted Mansion Holiday will return for its 20th season beginning Sept. 3 at Disneyland! This merry makeover of the eerie estate, inspired by “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas,” celebrates the collision of Halloween and Christmas.
A favorite tradition is the yearly changing gingerbread house, which graces the mansion’s, Grand Hall. Since today marks our Halfway to the Holidays, today we get a first look at what this gingerbread house will look like.
The team over at Disney Parks Blog chatted with Tim Wollweber, associate art director for Disney Parks, who designed this year’s house. For 2021, the team decided to pay homage to all previous houses to celebrate this beloved tradition’s 20th anniversary. Tim mentioned, “we went back to the graveyard to dig up all of our ideas from the past 19 years. This year’s Franken-house stitches together favorite elements from the previous 19 houses!”
The houses seem to get more elaborate each year, and for 2021, it’s no exception! As you can see in the rendering above, a piece from each house is represented in this year’s house to create a visually chaotic yet perfect Dr. Finkelstein-esque mashup! Tim’s favorite element? The giant man-eating wreath from 2005!
Haunted Mansion Holiday Gingerbread House Throughout the Years
- 2001 – Monster House
- 2002 – Present House
- 2003 – Giant Oogie Boogie House
- 2004 – Zero’s Dog House
- 2005 – Giant Man-eating Wreath House
- 2006 – Monster-infested House
- 2007 – Jack-in-the-Box House
- 2008 – Giant Gingerbread Coffin House
- 2009 – Scary-Go-Round House
- 2010 – Pop-Up Sandy Claws House
- 2011 – Mimic Monster House
- 2012 – Jack Skellington’s House
- 2013 – 13 Days of Christmas House
- 2014 – Gingerbread Zombie House
- 2015 – Gingerbread Card House
- 2016 – Stitched-Up-Patchwork House
- 2017 – Oogie Boogie Bug-infested House
- 2018 – Giant Gingerbread Spider House
- 2019 – Haunted Mansion 50 Years of Hauntings House
- 2021 – Gingerbread Franken-House
One more scar-ific surprise! There’s no better way to commemorate 20 years of screams than with all-new merchandise honoring the Haunted Mansion Holiday anniversary! Coming on Sept. 27 only at Disneyland Resort, here’s a first look at a new canteen by Corkcicle, pins, and even a T-shirt celebrating the seasonal attraction!
Related Park(s): Disneyland
Related Event(s): Halloween Time 2021 at the Disneyland Resort